Sunday 27 September 2015

SARAKI'S RESIGNATION LETTER LEAKED OUT

After consultations with my constituents and like minded citizens of Nigeria , I have decided to step aside . Though I am as yet to be convicted of any crime but to repose the confidence of the people in the Upper Chambers, to ensure accountability and confidence in the lawmaking procedure by legislators and to instill discipline in our future Aspirants , I hereby step aside .



Though I am aware that it is a tough decision for me to take since i know my case with the CCB will open floodgates of trials for 90% public officers who are also guilty of ' False Declaration of assets. It is good for the country as a whole and an opportunity for the younger generations to take up the mantle of leadership since those of us that have held office since 1999 messed up big time.
My resignation should be seen as a call to sacrifice to ensure probity, accountability in the public service. It is a call to ensure people with baggages should never held public office or to be at the helm of affairs in our country.
This is the New Nigeria we all have been looking forward to and i hereby step aside and i expect those members/public officers that have declared ' Anticipatory Declarations/Speculative to follow suit so as to save costs of prosecution.
Thank You all ,Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria ,Long live my people.

No comments: